Preparatory Ballet - Summer 2020
Three weeks of summer sessions available!
Preparatory Ballet is a beginning course where the technical foundation is laid for higher levels of ballet training. Enrollment is open to male and female children ages 5-11 years old.
Each weekly class session meets for five days, Monday-Friday, for 45 minutes each day. Children must be no younger than 5* years old and no older than 11 years old on the first day of the session. Preparatory ballet summer sessions are appropriate for both for absolute beginners as well as children who have previous
experience in a basic or beginner level ballet course. Preparatory dancers are encouraged, but not required, to sign-up for multiple weeks in order to maximize progress. The content of each week's class will vary slightly.
*Note: 5 year olds who have not completed kindergarten should enroll in our Preschool summer course. Those 5 year olds who will have already completed kindergarten by summer 2020 and/or who have previous experience in the Preparatory level at Project Ballet should enroll in our Preparatory summer course.
Week #1 July 13-17 from 5:45-6:30pm
Week #2 July 20-24 from 5:00-5:45pm
Week #3 July 27-31 from 5:45-6:30pm
Tuition is $50 per week. Tuition is due at enrollment and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Observation is not permitted until Friday. Friday's lesson will be open for observation by family and friends.
Girls: plain black leotard, pink footed tights, pink ballet slippers (no skirts or tutus). Hair must be worn in a tidy bun. Boys: plain white fitted shirt, black tights or shorts, black ballet slippers, and dance belt or similar supportive undergarment. Ballet apparel can be purchased at Standing Ovation Performance Apparel, located on Coliseum near Chucky Cheese, or can often be found at Target, Walmart, Payless, Meijer, etc.
PREPARING MY CHILD FOR CLASS:
- Make sure your child uses the restroom before class.
- Please stop at the front desk before every class to get your child's name tag, which serves to identify your child to their teacher and is a record of attendance.
- You and your child can wait in our waiting room until their class is called back. Children will line up together and walk back to their class with their teacher, or the teacher's aide.
- There is no observation permitted until the last class of the week, on Friday. Your child must be prepared to participate independently.
- Parents are not required to stay in the waiting room during class, but you must wait until your child's class is called back, and plan on returning a few minutes before their class is dismissed.
- Invite Grandma or Grandpa, siblings, etc. to come and watch class on Friday. Photography and video recording is permitted and encouraged during the observation class.