Preschool Ballet - Summer 2020
Three weeks of summer sessions available!
Preschool Ballet is an introductory course for female children ages 3-5 years old. Our Preschool Ballet classes are structured lessons with specific learning goals, encouraging proper ballet technique and terminology - while still keeping class fun, engaging and age appropriate.
PRESCHOOL BALLET SUMMER SESSIONS
Preschool Ballet Summer Sessions meet for one week, Monday-Friday, for 30 minutes per day. Children must be female, no younger than 3 years old and no older than 5* years old on the first day of the camp. Children must be potty trained. Preschool ballet summer camps are appropriate for both absolute beginners as well as children who have previous experience in our Preschool Ballet program (or equivalent). Preschool dancers are encouraged, but not required, to sign-up for multiple weeks in order to maximize progress. The content of each week's class will vary slightly.
*Note: 5 year olds who have not completed kindergarten should enroll in our Preschool summer course. Those 5 year olds who will have already completed kindergarten by summer 2020 and/or who have previous experience in the Preparatory level at Project Ballet should enroll in our Preparatory summer course.
Week #1: July 13-17 from 5:00-5:30pm
Week #2: July 20-24 from 6:00-6:30pm
Week #3: July 27-31 from 5:00-5:30pm
Tuition is $40 per week. Tuition is due at enrollment and is non-refundable and non-transferable. Note: If it becomes necessary for Project Ballet to cancel due to COVID-19, tuition will be refunded. You can enroll today, without risk.
Observation is not permitted until Friday. Friday's lesson will be open for observation by family and friends.
Children may wear any ballet outfit (leotard, tights, tutu etc) but must wear ballet slippers and must have hair pulled back off the face. Ballet shoes can be purchased at Standing Ovation Performance Apparel, located on Coliseum near Chucky Cheese, or at stores like Target, Walmart, Meijer and Payless.
PREPARING MY CHILD FOR BALLET CLASS:
- Make sure your child uses the restroom before class.
- Please stop at the front desk upon arrival each day to get your child's name tag, which serves to identify your child to their teacher and is a record of attendance.
- You and your child can wait in our waiting room until their class is called back. Children will line up together and walk back to their class with their teacher, or the teacher's aide.
- There is no observation permitted until the last day of class or camp. Your child must be prepared to participate independently.
- If your child is hesitant to participate, the teacher and the teacher's aides will help your child adjust. Parents may not stay in the classroom with the child, and we must shut the door of the studio for safety reasons and to maintain the focus of the class.
- Parents are not required to stay in the waiting room during class, but you must wait until your child's class is called back, and plan on returning a few minutes before their class is dismissed.
- Invite Grandma or Grandpa, siblings, etc. to come and watch the last class. Photography and video recording is permitted and encouraged during the observation class..