Preparatory Ballet 2
Careful and detailed instruction teaches students the fundamentals of beginning ballet technique and gives them the tools they need to succeed in higher levels of dance training. The Preparatory Ballet classroom is extremely focused and children will be taught proper ballet etiquette and terminology.
Preparatory Ballet 2 is a course for male and female advanced beginners, ages 7-11 years old. Seven and eight year old dancers may only enroll in Preparatory Ballet 2 if they have already completed at least one semester of Preparatory Ballet 1. New students ages 9-11 may enroll in Preparatory Ballet 2 without any previous experience.
Students will enroll in one class per week. We have two classes to choose from. Each class is strictly limited to eight dancers:
Preparatory Ballet classes will start the week of September 14, 2020 and will continue through November 19, 2020. Classes will meet once per week for ten consecutive weeks, for a total of ten classes. Classes will continue without interruption, even if a period of virtual instruction becomes necessary (see pandemic plan below).
Tuition is $150 for one semester of 10 classes. A $50 deposit is due at enrollment. At the time of enrollment, there will be an option to select a payment plan, or to pay in full. Tuition is non-refundable.
Preparatory Ballet 2 female students may wear any simple black leotard (no tutus, skirts, shorts, etc), with footed pink tights and pink ballet slippers or skin tone pink tights and pink ballet slippers. Tights and shoes must match. Male students should wear plain black shorts, plain white t-shirt, white socks and black or white ballet shoes. No jewelry except stud earrings, please. Items may be found at Standing Ovation Performance Apparel on Coliseum Blvd., or at Walmart, Target, Payless, etc. All Preparatory Ballet 1 students must also wear a mask, until further notice.
Pandemic Plan and Policies
1. Due to the pandemic, we have changed our Preparatory classes to be enrolled by-the-semester, rather than asking families to make a commitment for the entire year. Your registration will enroll your child in a one semester course, meeting for ten weeks in September, October and November 2020.
2. We will be limiting each class to eight dancers to allow plenty of space to exceed the recommended social distancing guidelines.
3. We have staggered our schedule to allow ample time between each class to fully sanitize the studio between each group of dancers.
4. We will be requiring masks. All dancers and teachers must wear a mask during Preparatory Ballet classes. (This policy is fluid and we will continue to revise it, as needed.)
5. We will be utilizing car line drop-off and pick-up directly at the studio door. Our waiting room is indefinitely closed. Students will arrive and depart directly from their assigned studio, which eliminates the need for them to walk through the common areas of our building and/or be exposed to other classes of students.
6. We are prepared for classes to move to a virtual format, via zoom, as needed. Your child's class dates and time will remain the same during periods of virtual instruction. Virtual instruction will be used in situations of a mandatory government shutdown, organizational shut down due to an outbreak, or in a situation of student self-quarantine. Our hope is that the precautions we have put in place will prevent the need for virtual instruction. However, we are prepared for that reality, if needed.
7. Typically Project Ballet schedules a big parent observation day at the end of each semester. Due to the pandemic, we will be staggering parent observation in small groups. We will be in touch with our enrolled families to schedule opportunities for you to observe your child's class.
8. Typically Preparatory Ballet students have the opportunity to perform in our Nutcracker at the Embassy Theatre. Due to the pandemic, we regret that we are forced to strictly limit the cast size of our Nutcracker performance this year. As a result, we will only be inviting those Preparatory dancers who meet one or both of following criteria: 1. Prep dancers who have older siblings performing in the cast. 2. Prep dancers who performed in our 2019 Nutcracker.
We are also offering a VIRTUAL PREPARATORY option this fall. Please follow the link to our enrollment portal and select the VIRTUAL option for more information. The VIRTUAL class will meet on Wednesdays from 6:15-6:45pm.