Preschool ballet at Project Ballet is an engaging, age appropriate, and syllabus-based introduction to ballet for 3-5 year old dancers. Our goal is to teach the children the basics of ballet technique, to teach them proper classroom etiquette, and most importantly - to have them fall in love with ballet.
We welcome male and female students ages 3-5 years old. Students must be potty trained. Preschool Ballet can and should be taken multiple times. The more often a child enrolls, the more prepared they will be for future success in higher levels of ballet training.
Schedule & Calendar
There will be two sessions of Preschool Ballet classes this winter. The first five-week session runs from January 11-February 12. The second five-week session runs from February 15-March 19. students will enroll in one class per week. We have four class times to choose from. (See link at the bottom of this page.) Classes will continue without interruption, even if a period of virtual instruction becomes necessary (see pandemic plan below).
Tuition is $50 for one session of 5 classes. Tuition is due at the time of enrollment and is non-refundable.
Preschool students must wear ballet shoes and must have long hair secured off the face and neck. Otherwise, the dress code for Preschool Ballet is very relaxed. The children may wear any ballet clothing (like leotards, tights, tutus, etc.), fitness clothing (like leggings or joggers) or even play clothes or Princess dresses. Whatever helps to get them excited to come to class. We just ask that they please be able to move freely and modestly without showing their undergarments. Ballet shoes can be found at Standing Ovation Performance Apparel on Coliseum Blvd., or at Walmart, Target, Payless, etc.
Pandemic Plan and Policies
1. We will be limiting each class to five dancers to allow plenty of space to exceed the recommended social distancing guidelines.
2. We have staggered our schedule to allow ample time between each class to fully sanitize the studio between each group of dancers.
3. We will be encouraging, but not requiring, our Preschool dancers to wear masks. We request that your Preschool dancer wear a mask if they can tolerate it. Teachers and staff will always wear masks.
4. We will be utilizing drop-off and pick-up at our front door. Our waiting room is indefinitely closed to guests. You should bring your child to the front door and your teacher or another friendly staff member will meet your child at the door and escort them to their studio. The preschool studio is the closest to the front door, and you will be able to watch them walk to their classroom through the windows by the front door. Return to the sidewalk by the front door after class for pick-up.
5. This is an in-person class. We will only utilize virtual instruction via Zoom if there is a weather emergency, or if the city/state/county enforces a shutdown due to the pandemic. Your child's class dates and time will remain if we have to meet on Zoom.
6. The last (fifth) class of the session will be broadcast via Zoom for parents to watch online. We regret that due to visitor restrictions, we are not able to accommodate in-person observation.