Careful and detailed instruction teaches students the fundamentals of beginning ballet technique and gives them the tools they need to succeed in higher levels of dance training. The Preparatory Ballet classroom is extremely focused and children will be taught proper ballet etiquette and terminology. Previous experience in our Preschool Ballet program is helpful, but not required.
Preparatory Ballet is a beginning ballet course for male and female dancers ages 5-11 year olds. The age divisions are as follows:
5 year olds - Enroll in Prep 1. (Must be in kindergarten to enroll. Five year olds in Pre-K should enroll in our Preschool Ballet course.)
6 year olds - If new to Project Ballet, or have less than one year in experience in our Preparatory Level, please enroll in Prep 1. If your child has at least one full year of experience in Prep 1 at Project Ballet, they may enroll in Prep 2 if desired.
7 & 8 year olds - If brand new to Project Ballet or if new to our Preparatory Level, please enroll in Prep 1. If your child has completed at least one semester in Prep 1, they may enroll in Prep 2, if desired.
9, 10 & 11 year olds - Enroll in Prep 2
Schedule & Calendar
Classes will meet for ten weeks from January 11, 2021 through March 19, 2021. Classes will meet once per week for ten consecutive weeks, for a total of ten classes. We have multiple class times to choose from (see link at the bottom of this page). Classes will continue without interruption, even if a period of virtual instruction becomes necessary (see pandemic plan below).
Tuition is $150 for one semester of 10 classes. A $50 deposit is due at enrollment. At the time of enrollment, there will be an option to select a payment plan, or to pay in full. Tuition is non-refundable.
Preparatory female students may wear any simple black leotard (no tutus, skirts, shorts, etc), with footed pink tights and pink ballet slippers or skin tone pink tights and pink ballet slippers. Tights and shoes must match.
Male students should wear plain black shorts, plain white t-shirt, white socks and black or white ballet shoes. No jewelry except stud earrings, please. Items may be found at Standing Ovation Performance Apparel on Coliseum Blvd., or at Walmart, Target, Payless, etc. All Preparatory Ballet students must also wear a mask, until further notice.
Pandemic Plan and Policies
1. We will be limiting each class to eight dancers to allow plenty of space to exceed the recommended social distancing guidelines.
2. We have staggered our schedule to allow ample time between each class to fully sanitize the studio between each group of dancers.
3. We will be requiring masks. All dancers and teachers must wear a mask during Preparatory Ballet classes.
4. We will be utilizing car line drop-off and pick-up directly at the studio door. Our waiting room is indefinitely closed. Students will arrive and depart directly from their assigned studio, which eliminates the need for them to walk through the common areas of our building and/or be exposed to other classes of students.
5. This is an in-person class. We will only utilize virtual instruction via Zoom if there is a weather emergency, or if the city/state/county enforces a shutdown due to the pandemic. Your child's class dates and time will remain the same if we have to meet on Zoom.
6. The last (tenth) class of the session will be broadcast via Zoom for parents to watch online. We regret that due to visitor restrictions, we are not able to accommodate in-person observation.